Saturday, August 03, 2019

Ponded




Highly edited, in fact ETSOOI.

Taken yesterday from the Old Chain Of Rocks Bridge.  This is looking north from the approach to the Mississippi River.  This area is usually dry, but not too uncommon to be flooded.  This is leftovers from our recent flooding.  Here's the original version with very minor edits (slight crop /levels)


By first thought was lack and whit (shocking, I know), but that didn't ring my bell.  So I decided to go with a sketch type direction.  Simplified process:
  • In Topaz Impressions plug in, apply one of the "sketch" presets. (I don't even remember which one)
  • Blend with the "normal" layer to balance the sketch with reality
  • Bring up the saturation a touch
Easy-peasy, huh?  The devil is in the details, though.

I thought about adding a digital mat and frame (as I've done before), but decided not to.

No comments: