Saturday, August 17, 2019

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

St. Louis has one of the one of baseball’s most consistently successful franchises. with the St. Louis Cardinals:  Eleven (11) Word Series titles (since 1926)...  STL is a baseball town.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about.  The STL area also has minor league baseball.  The Gateway Grizzlies home park is about 5 miles south-east of where the Cardinals play, but worlds away.  This is Sauget, Illinois, and this is unaffiliated minor league baseball.

 A different experience.  Not better, not worse.  Different.  More relaxed, for sure.  And WAY less expensive.  WAY WAY less expensive.

I used to be a pretty big baseball fan, but I don't follow it so closely anymore.  In fact, I don't think I've been to a Major League game in 3-4 years.  And only a couple of minor league games.  Just life, I suppose.





Meanwhile, we saw a great sunset, looking out the back of the stadium towards STL. The Cardinals' staium is towards the left side of the skyline, from this angle.  Not too bad for an iPhone!



No comments: