Saturday, February 15, 2020

February 1970



Fifty years ago this month, what what happening on the music charts?

Well, during the 4 weeks of February 1970, there were 55 songs that spent time in the Top 40. Lots of great stuff.

3 songs topped the charts:


  • Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin/Everybody Is A Star - Sly & The Family Stone (2 weeks)
  • Venus - The Shocking Blue (1 week)
  • Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel (1 week)


Making Top 40 debut, ranked based on entering position (not peak position)

  • Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel #13
  • Travelin' Band/Who'll Stop The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival #18
  • The Rapper - The Jaggerz #24
  • Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) - The Delfonics #28
  • Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) - Edison Lighthouse #28
  • Gotta Hold On To This Feeling - Jr. Walker & The All Stars #31
  • Ma Belle Amie - The Tee Set #33
  • Oh Me Oh My (I'm A Fool For You Baby) - Lulu #34
  • He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies #35
  • Do The Funky Chicken - Rufus Thomas #35
  • One Tin Soldier - The Original Caste #36
  • Give Me Just A Little More Time - Chairman Of The Board #37
  • Never Had A Dream Come True - Stevie Wonder #37
  • If I Were A Carpenter - Johnny Cash & June Carter #38
  • Easy Come, Easy Go - Bobby Sherman #38
  • Jennifer Tomkins - Street People #39
  • Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley #40
  • It's A New Day (Part 1) & (Part 2) - James Brown #40
Lots of great songs...  
Yes, I did have the 45 of Jennifer Tompkins.  But hey, I was 9!





No comments: