Friday, April 03, 2020

Ain't No Sunshine.... RIP Bill Withers

I just saw this morning that Bill Withers died.  Bummer.



Bill Withers is part of the music of my youth.  "Ain't No Sunshine" reached #3 about the time I started Middle School (6th grade), and "Lean On Me" reached #1 the following summer, just after my 12th birthday.  Both are iconic songs, from the era when I still got most of my music from "pop" radio.  Back when I was making my first "mix tapes" by propping the microphone from my portable cassette player the radio speaker. 

At the time, I didn't realize Bill Withers was from West Virginia, about 60 miles south of where I was born (and spent my first 10 years)...  A nice plus, IMHO, there's not too many famous artists / bands from WV...

Bill Withers was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2015.

My 5 Favorite Bill Withers songs:



No comments: