Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The End Of And Era...


I was thinking today about places I've lived through the years, and remembered reading that Duke's Central Campus was going to be torn down.  But I couldn't remember when I read it, or when they were to come down.  So, a quick google shows the following, from today.duke.edu, from August 2019:



That's the building I lived in for my last 2 years of college, including the summer between.  Our unit was the top-right.  Kind of sad to see it gone, lots of good times there.

Central campus we university owned apartments.  They were built fin the early/mid 70's, intended for for graduate students or married students.  But by the end of the 70's some of the units were available for undergraduates.  I'm pretty sure most of the units in our block were undergraduates. 

It was a great location, isolated from the distractions of the dorms, but an easy walk to campus. 

No comments: