Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Iconic?


So...   how does one take a new and compelling image of one of the best know sites in America?  I don't think you do.  Or at least I didn't.  Still, we enjoyed a recent visit to Mount Rushmore.  And I took a bunch of photos along all the other visitors.  And there were a lot of visitors.  It wasn't crazy, but I expect we saw more people at Rushmore than the rest of the trip combined.

This is from the parking garage, a long view.
- - -




Landscape and Portrait, from the main viewing area.
- - - -



From the east side of the Presidential Trail.  This is my favorite, I like like the framing of the trees,,,
- - - - -



This is a little bit different, except there was a line of people to get into the crack in the rocks where everybody could take the exact same photo!
- - - - -


Another experiment with framing...  President George's tree wig and beard?
- - - - -

Mt. Rushmore was fun, I'd recommend it if you're in the area.  But count of Badlands and Black Hills for the photo ops!

 

No comments: