Thursday, October 01, 2020

Old Homestead

Driving across Colorado, we came across an old, abandoned farm.  Just off the interstate, maybe 60 miles east of Denver.  Perfect for a quick stop, and a few photos.  Here's 3 versions of one of the photos...

First, the straight-from-the-camera version.  This was posted to my 365 project as part of September's "nifty-50 straight out of camera" challenge.   The zoom was set just under 35mm, which is equivalent to 50mm due to the crop sensor. 


- - - - -

Below is my first tweak of the image.  It isn't too dramatic a change, but I do think it is much "better".  First, I rotated the image slightly, to appear more level.  Then I did a slight crop, primarily to eliminate the distraction on the right edge..  Last was a slight boost of contrast/saturation (via my "secret sauce").


- - - - -

Last, I played around with some effects, to get a more aged feel.  Just for giggles, but I think iy turned out OK.


- - - - -


So what do you think?

 

No comments: