Sunday, February 28, 2021

Back At BetterPhoto

Back in December, I posted about BetterPhoto.com, the photographyweb site where I was active between 2003 - 2009.  So I reactivated my account, on an unpaid basis, and have been posting there occasionally.

For the second half of December, I submitted 15 photos.  I received 1x Second place, 1x Finalist and 8x "Editor's Pick".  I felt like that was pretty good for my first (partial) month back;  67% received some form of recognition.

Second Place:

Frosty
- - -

Finalist:

Frosty
- - -

After that experience, I decided to keep going through January.  I didn't post every day, ending up with 13 posts.  But they've just released the January results, and I ended up with 1x Second Place, 3x Finalist, and 8x Editor's Picks.  That's 92.3% receiving some recognition!  Wow!  

Second Place:

Milkweed, Wind
- - -


Finalist:

Eastern Bluebird
- - -

Bighorn Sheep
- - -


Winter Walk
- - -


Pretty cool, and pretty sure it's more recognition than back in the day.  Maybe I'll have to upgrade to a paid membersihp.  Meanwhile, I only posted 10 photos in February, it will be interested to see how that turns out!
















No comments: