Sunday, March 12, 2023

Top 10 - Gary Rossington (Pre-Crash Lynyrd Skynyrd)

 After the recent (3/5) passing of Gary Rossington, I made a playlist of songs that he co-wrote through his career.  I've been listening to that list for the past few days.  Meanwhile I'm seeing a lot of "Top 10 Gary Rossington Songs" posts on social media.  So here's my version:  These are my 0 most played Gary Rossington songs.  For this list, I'm just looking at the pre-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd; the first 5 studio albums.  These are rated based on the number of plays as recorded in my iTunes.  And it's a pretty impressive selection of songs:

  1.  Roll Gypsie Roll - Gimme Back My Bullets
  2. Sweet Home Alabama - Second Helping
  3. Cry For The Bad Man - Gimme Back My Bullets
  4. Am I Losin' - Nuthin' Fancy
  5. Simple Man - Pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd
  6. I Ain't The One - Pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd
  7. What's Your Name? - Street Survivors
  8. Gimme Back My Bullets - Gimme Back My Bullets
  9. Trust - Gimme Back My Bullets
  10. Things Going On - Pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd

There you have it, my most popular Gary Rossington songs (pre-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd)...  I'll probably follow up with a similar Top 10 from Gary R's post crash career.


What're your favorite Gary Rossington songs?

No comments: