Friday, April 07, 2023

Elizabeth Female Academy, Natchez, Mississippi

During our recent travels, we drove 100 miles +/- on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Just 5 miles from the Natchez start is the remains of the Elizabeth Female Academy, which was the 1st female educational institution in Mississippi, and was active from 1818 to 1845. I took a handful of photos, but these 2 are my favorites. 

 Shot with the camera's B&W filter (not converted on the computer).  First one is SOOC (straight out of camera) and the second has very minor tweaks (I think I  added a hint of "warmth".

 
Which do you prefer?


- - -


---



One of my favorite thing about digital is that it is "free".  there is no cost to take reference photos, like the signs at historical places,  So, here's some notes on the Academy: 




No comments: