Wednesday, May 02, 2018

She Caught The Katy, And Left Me A Mule To Ride.....

I was driving across Missouri yesterday.  From Kansas City (area) to St. Louis (area), across I-70.  About 1/2 way, you cross the Missouri River, And about 2 miles off the highway is the town of Rocheport, MO.  A quaint little town, with easy access to the Katy Trail, and a stretch where it runs along the river.  It's a great spot for a rest stop; a little bit of a walk and some photo ops.. 

I don't make that trek too often, but when I do, I try and stop.  And yesterday I found a little time.  And managed a few photos.  Here's the first couple, processed (maybe more to follow?):

Looking up-river, towards KC.  Larger version here.  
About 140 mile drive upriver from this spot (Columbia Bottom Conservation Area).   

- - - - -


Rock and Vines.  A shear wall on the north, a river on the right....  cool spot. 

- - - -


This little shop is in the town of Rocheport. If I had a bit more time, or was traveling with my wife, I'd've checked it out.  Aside:  looking at google, it appears this spot is now called Stockton Mercantile, though they didn't change the awning... 


No comments: