Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - 2020 Nominees

Every year (or at least most years) I do a post when the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame announces their nominees.  So, just today I saw the nominees for the class of 2020.  So, we'll do it again.

First off, remember that I did a post a few weeks ago listing 5 performers/bands I would like to see nominated.  Well, only 1 of those 5 was nominated, so that's sort of sad.  But not too surprising.

Anyway, here's the list of nominees, ranked (as I always do) based on the number of songs on my iPod:


  • The Doobie Brothers (101 songs)
  • Dave Matthews Band (23 songs)
  • Pat Benatar (20 songs)
  • Todd Rundgren (16 songs)
  • Thin Lizzy (9 songs)
  • Kraftwerk (4 songs)
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan (2 songs)
  • MC5 (1 song)
  • Nine Inch Nails (1 song)
  • T. Rex (1 song)
  • Depeche Mode (0 songs)
  • Whitney Houston (0 songs)
  • Judas Priest (0 songs)
  • Motörhead (0 songs)
  • The Notorious B.I.G. (0 songs)
  • Soundgarden (0 songs)


As you can probably surmise, I'm not too pumped up about the next class.  But that's not too shocking as we move further away from the 60's/70's/80's....  I do hope that the Doobie Brothers get in, but this is the first time they've been nominated, after 23 years of eligibility.

Other than that, I don't much care.  I'm sure each of the other nominees has supporters, and I'm not saying they don't (or Do) deserve induction.  Just that I wouldn't advocate them.

My prior 2 posts:  Class of 2019 - 2018

No comments: