Friday, January 06, 2017

A Good Crop, 2016 - My Year In Photos

Ansel Adams said "Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
Over the years, I've used this quote as an inspiration to pick my 12 favorites from the previous year. I missed 2016, but you can see 2012, 2013 and 2014 here.

So, looking back at 2016, how's my crop?
Well, here's 12 of my favorites, arranged semi-randomly.  Click on the text to go to the original post (and larger image)


I had to post this one first, as it Won 1st place (Animal Category) at the 2016 Edwardsville Public Library  Photo Contest.  Yee Ha!
- - - -

- - - -

 Blur
- - - -

- - - -

- - - -

- - - -

- - - -

- - - -

- - - -
- - - -

- - - -

- - - -


Verdict??  I'd love to hear your thoughts...  But from my standpoint, I'm feeling like it was a pretty good year.  A lot of variety, at least.  This includes inages from my DSLR, my Compact Digital, and my iPhone.  It includes "Straight Out Of Camera" photos, and dramatically manipulated images.  Pictures from local, nearby and afar...   And I had quite a bit of trouble picking only 12.  

New year's resolution for 2017??  MORE PHOTOGRAPY!  Maybe find a few more outlets.

No comments: