Friday, March 18, 2005

Rocky Mountain High

I had a layover in Denver this week, and actually, it’s one of the better places to spend a few hours. Clean and open (by airport standards), with a good selection of foods and shops on the concourse (though I usually opt for the food-court “Steak Escape”, and grab a good-and-greasy steak sandwich. But there’s a Wolfgang Puck Express if that’s more your style. One of the highlights for me is the “Images of Nature” galleries, featuring the photography of Thomas Mangelsen. Some really outstanding images, and it’s always impressive to see photographs blown up 29x90” (among the redwoods) or 30x45 (true patriot)!! My budget allows a couple of the note card size, though. One of my favorite things about DIA? There’re lots and lots of power outlets. So you can recharge your computer batteries while you wait. Chicago (ORD), by contrast has very few outlets, which were very hard to find. Also, Denver International is served wireless, by ATT, I think it was. Something like $9.99 per day, too much for this 2 hour sojourn, but it least it was an option. I couldn’t find anything during my recent 5 hour layover in Chicago.

No comments: