On 3/31/1973 (38 years ago) the Top 10 songs in the USA were:
- Killing Me Softly With His Song - Roberta Flack. This would be the last week at #1 for KMSWHS, as it rebounded from #2 the previous week. It spent 5 weeks total in the top spot.
- Theme From '2001' (Also Sprach Zarathustra) – Deodato. As noted previously, this is a favorite of mine. It would peak at #2…
- Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye) - Gladys Knight & The Pips
- Love Train - O'Jays. Coming down from #1…
- Ain’t No Woman Like The One I’ve Got – Four Tops. Big mover, up from 10.
- Break Up To Make Up - Stylistics
- Last Song - Edward Bear
- Danny's Song - Anne Murray
- Sing - Carpenters (debut in Top 10, up from 11)
- The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia – Vicki Lawrence (debut in Top 10, up from 16)
Notable debuts on the Hot 100: The Right Thing To Do – Carly Simon (#70), Thinking Of You – Loggins and; Messina (#79), Give It To Me – J. Geils (#98) and Will It Go Round In Circles – Billy Preston (#99)