- Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly & The Family Stone (debut 1/3/70)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
- ABC – Jackson 5
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- American Woman – Guess Who (debut 3/21/70)
- Black Velvet – Alannah Myles (debut 12/30/1989)
- Escapade – Janet Jackson
- Love Will Lead You Back – Taylor Dayne
- I’ll Be You’re Everything – Tommy Page
- Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Conner (debut 3/17)
Wow. I thought I’d know more of these. But I only know 2, but only own 1.
- Nothin’ On You – B.o.B. (debut 2/13)
- Rude Boy – Rihanna
- Break Your Heart – Taio Cruz
- OMG – Usher
- Not Afraid – Eminem (debut 5/22)
Well, I didn’t expect to be an expert on these, but I got nothing. I’ve heard of 3 of the artists, but don’t have anything by any of them. Interesting that chart toppers seem to be fewer and farther between in 2010… To be fair, I pulled them up on Youtube….
What does it mean? Well, the elitist in me wants to say that music has gone down the toilette. But maybe I’m just old, out-of-touch and stuck in the past.
What say you?