Saturday, October 29, 2005

Blue Bench

A repost from 9/2004, from my 10/2003 trip to Spokane, to commemorate the return from my 10/2005 trip to Spokane. That bench is still there...

Another shot from last fall's trip to Spokane, for the WPRC. That's the Western Protective Relay Conference, if you care. I was wandering around the park which is next to the conference center, before the start of the conference day (7am-ish), and came across this. It would've been nice to sit and soak up the morning sun, but work comes first.....

4 comments:

Ol' Froth said...

Do Westers Protective Relays only go on the side of the substation that faces west?

LSqrd said...

Something like that.....
There's 3 big technical conferences in our industry, all sonsered by universities. WPRC is the largest by far, and is sponsered by Washington State University, but held 90 miles north in Spokane. The others are at Georgia Tech and Texas A&M.....

as if you cared.

Ol' Froth said...

I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't curious

LSqrd said...

Sorry, didn't mean to be petulant. I'm just used to people who don't understand my career...

And the West side of the substation thing was clever.....