Monday, February 13, 2006

Love Is understanding.....

Happy Birthday Peter Tork!!! 64 years old today (2/13/2006)!
Peter and Mike Nesmith were the "real" musicians in the Monkees, and Tork was my favorite Monkee, back when I was 7-8 years old. Peter was the first to leave the Monkees when Mickey refused to go back in the studio to record music (after the "real band" experiment of Headquarters)... Said Peter: "that was the end for me of any hopes of having a real live group, which is what I wanted all the time. At that point I had had it. I was utterly disappointed. So when I had the chance, I quit". Headquarters, of course, is my favorite Monkees album.

1 comment:

Jonathan S. said...

Best Monkee - Davy Jones.
Reason - Was in an episode of "The Brady Bunch." Marcia was in love with him (as we all are). Great episode.

Thanks, Davy!