Thursday, April 06, 2006

Seems Like A Dream

It’s the same kind of story that seems to come down from long ago
Two friends having coffee together, when something flies by their window
It might be out on that lawn, which is wide, at least half of a playing field
Because there’s no explaining what your imagination can make you see and feel

Seems like a dream, (they) got me hypnotized

Now it’s not a meaningless question, to ask if they’ve been and gone
I remember a talk about North Carolina and a strange, strange pond
You see the sides were like glass in the thick of a forest without a road
And if any man’s ever made that land, then I think it would’ve showed

Seems like a dream, (they) got me hypnotized

lyrics from the song Hypnotized, by Fleetwood Mac (Bob Welsh). From back before they became superstars... This is one of those songs that really captivates me....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is by far one of my all-time-favorite songs. Got your blog by googling "pond north carolina sides like glass" hoping to find the location of that mystical spot. Any clues?

LSqrd said...

I have no idea. But the western NC mountains seem like the logical region... Blue Ridge / Smokey mtns area.
http://webpages.charter.net/sewitall/l2/l2_ncstr2.jpg

There was a pond near where I gre up in Western PA that always reminded me of that song... I was trying to dig up an old photo, but haven't found it (yet)

Unknown said...

Maybe Lake Drummond? It's in the Great Dismal Swamp, the water does look like glass, and it's the site of numerous ghost and UFO sightings...

Anonymous said...

Bob Welsch has been on record saying he was inspired by stories from his dirt-biking buddy who saw the pond within 20 miles from Winston-Salem, NC.