Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Lost In The Supermarket

I went with the whole family to see the movie “Over The Hedge” yesterday. We’re pretty sure this is the first time (ever) to get the whole family (all 5 of us) together in a movie theater. The movie was well received by all, even the teenage girls. I won’t expect it to be in the Oscar hunt, but is was a great way to spend a hot holiday afternoon with the family. Musically, the movie featured several songs by Ben Folds (minus the “Five”), which were pretty good. The end theme was a BF remake of the old Clash song “Lost In The Supermarket”. To me, not a great version, but it did get me thinking about The Clash….

SO… last night, I was digging through the vinyl, and dusting off the turntable, and turning up the Clash. Leading off with “London Calling”, of course, but also the first US release, simply “The Clash”. Great stuff.

No comments: