Wednesday, June 14, 2006

You got your demons, You got desires, Well, I got a few of my own...

The Eagles had another of their mega-hits make its debut today (6/14) back in 1975, with "One Of These Nights". This was the second consecutive #1, at the front end of a 27 month string that included 4 number 1 songs, a #2 and a #4. A pretty impressive run, snapped by "Life In The Fast Lane", which could only make it to #11.

And, yeah, I know... it's just "Eagles" and not "The Eagles", but deal with it, OK?

4 comments:

Sherry P said...

i like them a lot. desperado is still one of my all time favorites.
i can't think of any of thier songs that i don't like. my sister actually spent a small fortune to go to see them on what was supposed to be their last tour and then i think they had another one. i'm not sure. i taped them on my VCR. lots cheaper than the concert and no stoned people to bump into or fall onto me. that was a plus too. ; )

LSqrd said...

One of the few concerts my parents wouldn't let me go to back in the 70's was Eagles... IIRC, summer of '77, on the Hotel California tour, at 3-Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh. But there had been "riots" at a ZZ Top show there earlier in the summer, and they were freaked out.... Would'a been great, MikeW was there....

Sherry P said...

i can't remember where my sister saw them, might have been starlake. i didn't pay much attention except to marvel at the ticket prices.

she's 5 and 1/2 years younger than i am and a lot more willing to spend money to see someone live. i'd rather have the CDs except for aerosmith, now, if i could get really close enough to see joe perry, ah, nevermind, ; )

MikeW said...

IIRC, Fleetwood Mac was there too. It was a great show. A beautiful day for an outdoor concert. And we were in a box so we didn't have to put up with most of the insanity. And it was before the Eagles (or is it Iggles?) broke my heart by taking Timothy B. Schmidt away from Poco.