Saturday, July 15, 2006

At The Estate

On our recent mountain trek, we spent a day at the Biltmore Estate, in Ashville, NC. I’ve spent many hours through the years in the Western NC / Eastern TN area through the years, it’s probably my favorite place in the world. But I’d never been to Biltmore. Neither had my wife, who even spent her teen years in nearby Salisbury, NC. Anyway, it became a “must see” on our trip, and was worth the time (and $$)! Here’s a couple of semi-random shots:

My Yahoo Group is doing “Barns” for theme day. I saw this one at Biltmore, when dropping my 17 y/o daughter off for horseback riding. A rare time when I was thinking ahead about themes!
- - - - - - - - - - -

This is down behind the winery, near the “Farm Village” I was trying to capture the depth, the lines, and the stillness of a NC morning in late June….
- - - - - - - - - -

At the Farm Village. I really liked the lines and angles here….!

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i love the roof shot! makes me want to know what the rooms are like and to look out of that window and see the view from there.

LSqrd said...

Thanks Sherry!!