Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wallowing in Self Pity...

No, no, no... Not me. Just thinking about music, and some whiney songs through the years.... Here's a few songs that really crank it out. Not just sad songs, or the blues, or songs of loss. But really wallowing in self pitty songs that somehow managed commercial success. ... Any suggestions for some more nominees??

I Started A Joke - Bee Gees. But most of their early stuff probably qualifies.
At Seventeen - Janis Ian What more can I say...
Alone Again, Naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan The sad thing is that I used to have this on 45.....
All By Myself - Eric Carmen Saved a bit, or perhaps condemed by the Rachmaninoff melody. But a real drop off from the Raspberries...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...the memories those old songs bring back to life! I would not give up my Ipod for my old 8track but I sure love those oldies but goodies!

Phil

John Roberts said...

How about "Sorry Seems To be The Hardest Word" by Elton John? That's kinda whiney.