Saturday, June 07, 2008

Extreme Northern Idaho

I spent last weekend in extreme northern Idaho, visiting with friends. We had a great time, did some trail riding, shooting, hanging out by the fire, etc. Here’s a few shots from one of the spots we visited:

There was lots of water, guess it's still a lot off snow melt. The mist here was almost like stepping into a rainy day. The above shot is actually from a bit off the trail, my son and I had to do a little exploring, always trying to head UP!

Now, if I were a "good" chronicler, I would've noted the name of this waterfall, so that I could announce it here. But I was too wrapped up in the moment and completey forgot. The guys rode motorcycles / ATVs to get near here, the ladies met up with us in the Suburban.

Yep, I always have to try the "artsy" shot... I'd have to duck in, snap, then duck out and wipe of the water spray from the camera.... I did several, but prefer the ones with slower shutter speeds, giving an overall blur.


My son at the rail. This photo is taken from about the edge of the mist region...

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i like the top and of course, the last, with your son!

Ted said...

Now I started, as all visitors to blogs do, by visiting these images in the reverse order to which you posted them. What I'm liking a whole lot is the way your voice is revealing an ideosyncratic sense of Idaho-Place. I've used the word "fresh" before (well in the next image but why quibble about the way time is reversed to a new visitor, eh?)... Anywayzzzz...

I wanna use a second word to describe your work... crisp. They make want to pierce the plane of the photo to muck about in your mind as you decided upon a point of view. The details that you've carefully left within your frame fill out the place-feel... It's not so much that you've brought me to Idaho... As you've brought me to what you think/feel Idaho is.... Like that artistic feel.