Monday, May 24, 2010

Big Tent

We're doing an event at our Church this week, "Big Tent". Common Grounds Ministry is visiting from Oklahoma, doing a Tent Revival in our parking lot: good stuff. Sunday through Wednesday evenings. Anyway, I helped set up the tent on Saturday. A little more involved than the last tent I set up... It was a fun experience, and a great service last night (complete with potluck!).
Plus, we had a combined service under the tent Sunday morning, and the Praise Band got to play on the outdoor stage (with their professional sound system)! Pretty cool (though actually HOT).
.
I think the last time I played "outside" was The Reallys, in our family's garage during a neighborhood block party (with the doors open, of course!)..... probably 1979? I'll always remember my dad groovin to our version of "Glad All Over" that evening. But now I'm digressing.

No comments: