Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel

I woke up a couple of times during the night last night. Not too uncommon, no big deal. But for some reason, each time, Don McLean’s song “Dreidel” was stuck in my head. And it was still there this morning. Now, I don’t dislike this song, but it’s not a favorite. It’s in that vast “3-star” middle of the iPod rank. And I don’t recall the last I heard it. So there’s no logical reason for it to pop up (over and over). What can it mean??


Don McLean, of course, is best known for the iconic “American Pie”, but he had a handful of Top 40 Hits between 1971 and 1981. Dreidel made its debut in late December 1972, and peaked at #21.

Random Trivia: Don McLean is the subject of Roberta Flack’s #1 hit “Killing Me Softly With His Song

No comments: