Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter Wonderland, Pt. 1

I've been looking through the archives, and pulled together a series of winter themed photos taken over the years.  I'll be posting them here over the next week or so, hope you enjoy:

I'll start with a couple of similar images, taken about 1,600 miles apart, and almost 2,500 ft of altitude.

This was taken at Lake Barkley State Resort Park, near Canton, KY.  For the geeks out there, the approximate latatude / longitude is 36.849449,-87.930772.    Looking through bare trees down to a finger of Lake Barkley
 - - -

And this was taken on the north side of Kamiak Butte, between Pullman and Palouse,Washington.  Again for the geeks:  approximately 36.849449,-87.930772.  While the previous image looks down to a frozen lake, this one backs up to a steep hill.

Both images fall a bit short of my vision, I usually like the top one better.

No comments: