Monday, January 17, 2011

Mid-Winter, Mid-West, Mid-Morning.

I think a better title would be "Hazy Shade Of Winter" from the Simon and Garfunkel song (covered by The Bangles).  But I started with the "Mid" thing, guess I'll leave it.


Looking out my office window this morning, I was struck by the sun through the thin clouds, jsut clearing the bare trees.  The office camera was the only one handy, so I snapped a couple of shots.  I don't really like it [the camera] very much, so I've never learned how to do exposure compensation or anything fancy.  But I tried several different shooting modes, and came up with a couple of different versions.  Thisone was the best balance between under exposed and over exposed.  Maybe I'll play with the original file when I can get to Photoshop and see if I can make it better.

But it's not half bad as it is.  No?

No comments: