Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Trouble with Sunset Photos...

 I read somewhere that it is virtually impossible to take a memorable image of a sunset.  I don't know if it's just that there are so many that they all blur together, or if the photo medium simply can't compete with God's "canvas" of sky.  And while I've taken countless sunset photos, I'm not sure any qualify as memorable.  Doesn't matter, I can't resist.  I took the image below while leaving work this afternoon.  Just another sunset image, but I like it.


Now, I have to confess, there's a bit of digital darkroom here.  In the spirit of "openness", below is the "straight form the camera" version, nothing beyond resizing:
The most noticable difference is that I cloned out the poles along the horizon.  Cropped to 4x6 aspect ration.  I brightened the foreground slightly, darkened the buildings to silhouettes, filled the notch of the roofline on the right....  a few other minor things. Am I a bad person?

No comments: