Friday, February 18, 2011

Genius?


No, not the Warren Zevon song.  Rather, the function in iTunes / iPad that creates a playlist based on a selected song.  When they first released it, I thought it did a rather poor job.  But over the past couple of days, I''ve been trying it more, and it seems more reasonable.  No Pandora, but not bad.

Today I started with J.J. Cale's song Soulin', from the album Really.  My iPod selected the following 24 songs:
  • JJ Cale - Too Much For Me & Playing In The Street
  • JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Last Will And Testament & Who Am I Telling You
  • Steven Stills - How Far & Go Back Home & Johnny's Garden
  • Leon Russell - Delta Lady & Roll Away The Stone
  • Neil Young Albuquerque & The Losing End
  • Van Morrison - I've Been Working  & Virgo Clowns
  • Gillian Welch - Tear My Stillhouse Down & Only One And Only
  • John Prine - People Puttin' People Down & Fish And Whistle
  • Randy Newman - Rednecks & A Wedding In Cherokee County
  • Bob Dylan - Buckets Of Rain & Meet Me In The Morning
  • Elton John - I'm Going To Be A Teenage Idol
  • Talking Heads - The Big Country
  • Elvis Costello - You Belong To Me
Not bad, overall.  The one's at the bottom are a bit iffy (especially the EC one).


The photo is just a random thing from the archives, seemed to match the mood.

No comments: