Monday, April 18, 2011

Wii Wii Wii (All The Way Home)

So, late last week I decided to watch a little streaming video from Netflix, via the Wii.  But the Wii was dead.  No power, nothing.  Grrrr.  Well, it was late yesterday before I got around to looking at it.  It was still DOA, and a quick check with the multimeter confirmed that there was no voltage coming out of the power adaptor,  At least that's cheaper to replace than the whole thing.

Off to Amazon, where a variety of adapters is available.  I usually scan the reviews, and lo and behold, the first one I read says: "DON'T BUY BEFORE YOU TRY THIS!!!, "

It just may be that your original power supply is NOT dead!

First, UNPLUG your "dead" power supply (from the wall outlet) and LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Plug it back in - voila! Problem solved.

A friend told me about this trick after talking to Nintendo tech support, and sure enough - IT WORKED!

Well, that sounds too good to be true.  Next stop, the Nintendo Wii site, Where I (eventually) found essentially the same information.
 
Tried it out, and viola!  All is well. 
And y'all thought there wasn't ever any valuable information here.

No comments: