Friday, May 13, 2011

American Top 40 - May 11, 1974

reposted, blogger got buggered
The top 10 on this day in 1974:

  1. The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad
  2. The Streak - Ray Stevens
  3. Dancing Machine - Jackson 5
  4. The Entertainer - Marvin Hamlisch
  5. Bennie And The Jets - Elton John
  6. The Show Must Go On - Three Dog Night
  7. Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield
  8. TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) - MFSB
  9. (I've Been) Searchin' So Long - Chicago
  10. Midnight At The Oasis - Maria Muldaur

 Not bad, but not exactly stunning.  As with yesterday, here's 5 of my favorites from deaper in the charts:
  • Another Park, Another Sunday - Doobie Brothers (#61) [aside:  The Doobies were probably my favorite band in this time period, clear up until Michael MacDonald joined.  I saw them in 1976]
  • La Grange - ZZ Top (#68)  [not that I had a clue what it was about when I was not quite 14]
  • If You Wanna Get To Heaven - Ozark Mountain Daredevils (#75)  [I bought this album just for this song, without realizing just how atypical it was.  But that's good, it's a great song from a great band!]
  • Rikki (Don't Lose That Number) - Steely Dan (#84)
  • Radar Love - Golden Earring (#99)

No comments: