Monday, May 02, 2011

American Top 40 - May 2, 1981


Let's make a departure from the 70's this week, and look at what was on the on the pop charts in the 80's.  Today we'll look at the first week of May, 1981:
  1.  Morning Train (Nine To Five) - Sheena Easton
  2. Just The Two Of Us - Grover Washington, Jr. (with Bill Withers)
  3. Being With You - Smokey Robinson
  4. Angel Of The Morning - Juice Newton
  5. Kiss On My List - Hall & Oates
  6. Rapture - Blondie
  7. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
  8. While You See A Chance - Steve Winwood
  9. Living Inside Myself - Gino Vannelli
  10. I Can't Stand It - Eric Clapton

 I didn't listen to Top-40 radio very much in the 80's, but I rememebr 8 of these 10 songs.  But I only own 2, "Just The Two Of Us" and "I Can't Stand It".
So, looking at the Hot 100, what songs do I heve?  Here's my favorite 5 of the 14 or 15 represented:

 That's a much nicer playlist, IMHO.

No comments: