Wednesday, May 04, 2011

American Top 40 - May 4, 1985

Continuing our departure from the 70's this week, we’re looking at what was on the on the pop charts in the 80's. Today we'll look at the first week of May, 1985:



The Top 10:

  1. We Are The World - Various Artists (USA For Africa)
  2. Crazy For You – Madonna
  3. Rhythm Of The Night - Debarge
  4. Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
  5. One Night In Bangkok - Murray Head
  6. Obsession - Animotion
  7. Some Like It Hot - Power Station
  8. Nightshift - Commodores
  9. All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley
  10. Smooth Operator - Sade

By 1985, I was out of school, living in Washington DC and mostly listening to “alternativeradio. Still, I at least sort of remember 5 of these 10 songs. But I don’t have a single one in my collection(s)….

  
So, looking at the Hot 100, what songs DO I have? Well, it’s pretty slim pickings….

Yep, that’s it. 3 songs out of 100. And yet, I don’t feel like I’m missing that much…..



No comments: