Sunday, August 07, 2011

Lazy Days Of Summer

It wasn't quite as hot and steamy today, my son and I went for a walk at the nature center late this afternoon.  He's looking to identify birds, for a Boy Scout merit badge.  We saw lots of birds (and a deer), but only a few well enough to identify.  We really wandered, took it slow, watched and listened.....  Nice "dad" time.  The photo above is at the entry end of the Watershed.  The water here was coated with duckweed, and the scene was overwhemingly GREEN.  So I created a b&w layer, brought in some of the original colr, and shifed the hue to ward brown.  I put a version on Panaramio that is just partially desaturated.

I liked this enough to post the full size version here, if you click on it you should be able to see the bigger version.

No comments: