Monday, April 23, 2012

From The Archives - Summertime Dream

"Let's steal away in the noontime sun, it's time for a summertime dream" - Gordon Lightfoot

This photo was taken in Cades Cove, the the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.  Not sure exactly when this photo was taken, but it is post-digital, and pre-DSLR, which would make it early to mid 2000's.  It features faily significant use of a 3rd party effect, BuzzSimplifier.  Buzz was a fun little filter, but easy to overuse.  Sadly, the company that made it went out of business back around 2007/2008, and I lost access during my last computer upgrade.

Meanwhile, Cades Cove is one of my favorite places. Even though I've only been there a handful of times over the past 30 years.  Sadly, last time I was there (2007?) it had gotten pretty congested.

No comments: