Sunday, April 29, 2012

Only A Northern Song...

From the Archives:

This is from March 2002, my first (and so far only) trip toAlaska.  Naturally it was a business trip.  We went to Juneau (AELP) and Ketchikan (KPU).  I was a little worried when we sheduled the trip, March in Alaska????  But the weather wasn't bad at all.  The temperature was teens to twenties, and it was bright and sunny the whole time.

During the Juneau portion of the trip, we managed enough time to run by Mendenhall Glacier.  After our work in Ketchikan, we had a little time before catching our flight home, so we headed south on a scenic drive.  There's another version of this photo, with location, here.

This really pushed the limits of my humble Kodak DC210 digital camera.  I had to stash it inside my coat to get it warm enough to work, after a few shots it would freeze up.  The last couple of shots, the battery was low enough that the internal clock got reset.

The title is from the Beatles song (of course)...  "It doesn't really matter what chords I play, What words I say or time of day it is, As it's only a Northern Song"


No comments: