Monday, May 14, 2012

American Top 40, May 13, 1972

Topping the charts this week in 1972:




  1.  The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack

  2. I Gotcha - Joe Tex

  3. Oh Girl Chi-Lites

  4. I'll Take You There - Staple Singers

  5. Rockin' Robin - Michael Jackson

  6. Betcha By Golly Wow - Stylistics

  7. Look What You Done For Me - Al Green

  8. Day Dreaming - Aretha Franklin

  9. Back Off Boogaloo - Ringo Starr

  10. Horse With No Name -  America


 Hmmm.  Usually I consider 1972 to be a great year musically.  Certainly as reflected on my iPod playlists of Top-40 songs from each year.  But this week is not so outstanding.  Not bad, but....  not really memorable.
Meanwhile, It was a particularly hard week to pick only 5 favorites / notables from the Hot 100 this week, but NOT in the Top 10.  But here goes:


No comments: