Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bounty Hunter Gonna Hunt You Down

A little randomness for a Tuesday:

So I got a call from a head-hunter today.  More appropriately, a "professional recruiter".  Now, I'm not opposed to head-hunters.  I've had good experiences with them from both sides of the hiring equation.  But they're a pretty varied lot, and not all are wonderful.  And my current company doesn't use them.

This fellow today, turns out he's trying to find a candidate for a company I left a few years back.  A departure that didn't exactly go smoothly.  I didn't want to burn any bridges, but that feeling wasn't mutual....  Not quite 6 years later, I'm only a little bit bitter.

Anyway, I was polite to the guy, but I didn't give him any leads.  And he chatted and chatted and chatted....   Meanwhile, it made me think about the Molly Hatchet song "The Bounty Hunter". 

No comments: