Monday, July 16, 2012

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Actually, here last month, gone today...

Regular readers know that St. Ellen Park is one of my favorite lunchtime destinations.  It has the 1.25 mile flat loop and the 1 mile climb up the mound.  And it is seldom crowded.  Regular readers also know that I did some geocaching with my son not too longa ago.

So.....  I decided today to see if there were any easy geochaces at St. Ellen, for my lunchtime enjoyment.  And I found a listing for one at the viewing platform on the top of the hill.  BUT....  When I made the hike (on a hot and humid day!) I found that the platform is gone, with no sign of a geocache.  Bummer.  It's only been a couple of weeks since I was up there, I just walked the flat-loop last week.

Here's what it looks like today (pardon the cell-phone pictures):

Turns out that I don't have any pictures showing the platform (here's what I have), but a screenshot from Google Earth shows it:

No comments: