Monday, July 16, 2012

Slice Of Life #7055

Another image from my recent travel from Flagstaff to St. Louis.   I flew from Flagstaff to Phoenix, Phoenix to Denver, Denver to St. Louis.  Turned a 1,400 mile drive into a 1,500 mile flight.  But in 1/3 the time (one day vs three).

Meanwhile, this is one more example of how un-pleasant air travel has become....  More regional jets on longer legs.  2 of the 3 legs this trip.  And a new twist.  On both Regional Jet legs, we were forced to stay on the plane until the ground crew had transferred ALL of the gate checcked bagged to be picked up.  Now this is excruciating for those of us without gate checked bags (I expect the vast majority), especially if they have with connections.  Somebody's grand idea to avoid having 8-10 people standing at the end of the jetway, I presume...  So much better to have everybody wait.

At least I'm not bitter.

No comments: