Sunday, July 29, 2012

What kind of faith is it that believes only what can be seen with the eyes ...

I'm re-reading the Stephen Lawhead novel "Taliesin", Book one of the Pendragon Cycle.  I came across this quote that struck me:

"Belief is not always born of sight...  We believe by faith, and by faith we are saved from sin and death.  What kind of faith is it that believes only what can be seen with the eyes or touched with the hands?"


Stephen Lawhead writes historical fiction, frequently with a Christian angle.  Pendragon Cycle is a telling of the Authurian legend, spanning 5 books.  I've read most of his books, and most are outstanding.  I like to think we must be related, but it would have to be distantly.

The photo is essentially random, taken 8-10 years ago in Spokane Washington.  I was visiting the park along the Spokane River after a day at a conference, and as dusk was falling, I heard geese.  I barely had time to get my camera out and powered up (early vintage digicam) when they flew by.  I managed just the one photo.  It was a kinda cool moment.


No comments: