I love the internet. I recently found a series of Wikipedia pages listing the release dates of Albums through the years. So.... looking at a randomly selected year (1974), what were my favorite releases? Not the ones ranked highest by Rolling Stone, or Billbard or anybody else. Just my favorites:
My Top 10 from 1974, ranked alphabetically:
- Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits
- Bachman Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile
- Bad Company - Bad Company
- Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
- Charlie Daniels Band - Fire On The Mountain
- Doobie Brothers - What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping
- Poco - Cantamos
- Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like A Wheel
- Yes - Relayer
Interesting side note: I saw 7 of these 10 bands in concert during the 2nd half of the 70's. Five of them more than once. Missing the other three was merely a matter of opportunity (or lack thereof). Yep, pretty much the soundtrack to my life.
The image at the top is from Richard Nixon's resignation, August 1974.... a little cultural reference for those dynamic times!