Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Favorite Albums of 1974




I love the internet.  I recently found a series of Wikipedia pages listing the release dates of Albums through the years.  So....  looking at a randomly selected year (1974), what were my favorite releases?  Not the ones ranked highest by Rolling Stone, or Billbard or anybody else.  Just my favorites:

My Top 10 from 1974, ranked alphabetically:

Really great stuff, even 38 years down the pike...  I started 1974 as a 13 year old 8th grader, and finished it as a 14 year old High School Freshman.  Pretty dynamic times for any kid, and I was no exception.  And these albums pretty much define the soundtrack to my life back then.

Interesting side note:  I saw 7 of these 10 bands in concert during the 2nd half of the 70's.  Five of them more than once.  Missing the other three was merely a matter of opportunity (or lack thereof).  Yep, pretty much the soundtrack to my life.

The image at the top is from Richard Nixon's resignation, August 1974.... a little cultural reference for those dynamic times!

1 comment:

John Roberts said...

So much of that music has stood the test of time!