Friday, February 07, 2014

New Year's Resolution - Update #1


Tired of the snow, I am......

Meanwhile, we've made it 10% of the way through 2014! Seems like a good time to check back on my New Years Resolutions. Trying to keep those goals S.M.A.R.T.  And in the spirit of accountability, I’ll publish my progress…  SO, what did I resolve?

1) More Photography!  UPDATE:  I’ve increased activity at some existing sites that were dormant (Fine Art America, Microstock).  That's something, but there's a reason they were dormant...   I’ve been looking into local camera clubs, but have not yet acted.  That's promising, but "incomplete".   As for the blog, I posted 16 new images in the first 10% of 2014, compared to 19 over the same span in 2013.  But I'm above the average new images per day rate of all 2013.  I’ll grade myself a C+.

2) More Walking!  UPDATE:  I more than doubled the distance logged over the first 10% of 2013.  That's still below the average miles/day to reach the +25% goal, but given the weather, and a recent illness, I'm happy.  I'll call it a solid B.


3) Weight.  UPDATE: I dropped 3.6% from my 1/1/14 weight over the first tenth of the year.  Not bad, but not as quite good as I’d hoped.  Call it a B+.

Look for next update, on or around 3/16 (20% of year).



No comments: