Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Another One Bites The Dust?

Psoted this image over on Happenstance today, but wanted to add some discussion here...

http://happenstancephoto.blogspot.com/

This is (or was) Danny's Brushless, Soft Cloth car wash, in Collinsville, IL.  I drive by this place just about every work day, coming and going.  This business has been around since 1/1/1984.  A whopping 30 years, a veritable institution.  On the other hand, I've never used their service.

Meanwhile, I noticed the other day that the door is covered in signs saying "Location Closed"....  Now my first thought was what a shame to see a business gone after 30 years.  But I noticed that one of the signs refers customers to Danny's Express Car Wash.  Which is a relitively new car wash, about 3 miles away in the rather new Collinsville Crossing development.  Closer to Wal-Mart and Home Depot.  So it's not quite as sad as I originally thought.

I imagine that something new and shiny will rise at this location.  Given that there's a Walgreens across one street, a CVS Pharmacy across the intersection, and an Aldi's across the other street...  I don't see this site festering.  But who knows, in today's economic climate.




No comments: