Monday, July 07, 2014

Am I now seeking human approval, or God’s approval?

 
Am I now seeking human approval, or God’s approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ.  Galatians 1:11 (NRSV)
- - -


Just something I read recently, that struck me.  It seemed relevant in light of my recent return from my first Mission Trip.  Thinking about the whole "justified by works and not by faith alone" thing....  The need to serve, but NOT for "human approval", or to "please people"...  And my own struggles with the "pride" trap.


 
(photo not by me, but of me)
 
 
Aise:  every source I looked at says Paul's intent in Galatians 1 is to restate the divine source of the Gospel (ref).  Which I get...  But it still made me think.


Back to your regular programming.....

No comments: