Monday, December 08, 2014

Carolina Calling...


As noted in yesterday's post, My son is starting to think about college.  He's got a couple of years before he has to make a decision, but it is never too soon to start getting educated about the options.  So, while we were in North Carolina, and running over to Duke, we dropped by UNC.  

Now, way back when I was a student at Duke, I never went to the heart of Carolina's campus.  I was around campus a lot there was a great record store, and a couple of clubs.  And I did see the B-52s over there (in 1981).  But that was just the fringes.  So this trip was my first time "really" seeing the campus.  Verdict?  Eh....   It seemed pretty random and disorganized, and we had a heck of a time finding our way around.  We did (finally) find the admissions office, and checked in.  

Overall, my son was unimpressed, and ranked it 0 out of 10.




No comments: