Well, I've decided to expand the effort, see how it goes. So, looking at 50 years ago, here's the first installment of 1965 in music. Now, I was in nursery school / kindergarden in 1965, so my personal memories are a bit vague. BUT, my music interest (and collection) does reach that far back.
Starting with notable albums released in January 1965:
- The Zombies - debut album by the 2014 RRHOF nominee, this includes both of the Zombies' well know songs: Tell Her No and She's Not There. The latter ranked #297 of Rolling Stone magazine's list of Top 500 songs of all time
- The Drifters - The Good Life With The Drifters. A little past their prime, but this album from the RRHOF inducees still featured #18 hit "Saturday Night At The Movies".
- Dean Martin Hits Again. By the end of 1965, this Rat-Pack crooner would have his on TV show. But for now, another album.
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine (1/2/65 and 1/9/65)
- The Supremes - Come See About Me (1/16/65)
- Petula Clark - Downtown (1/23/65 and 1/30/65)