- Welcome To My Nightmare - . the debut from America's best Prog-Rock band.Cooper. The first album after Alice Cooper the band became Alice Cooper the person. Still a solid release
- On Your Feet Or On Your Knees - Blue Oyster Cult. Allmusic may not love it, but any BOC fan does...
- Song For America - Kansas The most prog album from America's first-best Prog Rock band... IMHO
- Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin Ranking #70 on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of Top 500 Albums, this iconic album was huge from it's release.
Only three songs topped the charts in January, 1975:
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - Elton John. Elton's remake of the Beatles song (from 1967) topped the charts for the 1st 2 weeks of 1975 (1/4/75 and 1/11/75). Personally, I've never been a fan of this "cover band" version, which Richie Unterberger called "far less exotic and more ordinary". But, as always, YMMV.
- Mandy - Barry Manilow (1/18/75). Manilow's first chart hit, and first #1. And my favorite Barry Manilow song (one of only 2 on my iPod, extra credit if you can guess the other). Oh, and it is NOT written about a dog.
- Please Mr. Postman - The Carpenters. Another remake, from the Marvelettes' #1 hit from 1961. Also covered by the Beatles. This would be the last #1 for the Carpenters (excluding the Easy Listening charts where they continued strong until after Karen's death in 1983).