Well, I've decided to expand the effort, see how it goes. So, looking at 50 years ago, we'll look at 1965 in music. Now, I was in nursery school / kindergarden in 1965, so my personal memories are a bit vague. BUT, my music interest (and collection) does reach that far back.
Starting with notable albums released in January 1965:
- A Love Supreme - John Coltrane. As Allmusic puts it: "Easily one of the most important records ever made"... This Jazz album is ranked #47 on the Rolling Stone Magazine list of Top 500 Albums of All Time.
- The Rolling Stones Now! - The 3rd US release from the Stones, ranked 181 of all time by Rolling Stone
- Orange Blosson Special - Johnny Cash. Allmusic says: "rates as one of Cash's finer non-greatest-hits releases"
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling (2 weeks)
- Gary Lewis And The Playboys - The Diamond Ring (2 weeks)
I own A Love Supreme, but not the other albums..... And I have "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'", but not "Diamond Ring".